Saturday, March 7, 2015

Nesting






Half of the fun of getting married has been settling in to our new home. We found a cozy spot to rent near some friends and Plaza Midwood - a great neighborhood that we like to spend time in.

One of the things that drew me to this house is that it has a sunroom! I've slowly been decorating and making it a cozy spot that I'll be able to spend time in when it warms up enough. I've been sticking to a mostly white and gold palette, which warms up the darker exposed brick. 

Even though this is a popular color trend right now, I was still struggling to find some focal pieces that I liked for the room.  So DIY to the rescue!


I made this by getting crafty with some spray paint and tape. It used to be a pink and purple patterned print from ikea, and I just plain didn't like it anymore. It's so easy to give new life and new meaning to unused items that you already own.


I made this little treasure by spray painting some sticks and twigs from outside white and glueing them with a hot glue gun to this frame. I also painted the frame gold, to keep with my color theme....what was tricky was getting the sticks to the right length so I could glue down the tops of some as well. I had to dab some glue in the spots where they overlap as well. This was the more time consuming project of the two but well worth it! 

Want step by step pics? Comment and let me know!!!

Have a great day.
Ashley Jane 



No comments:

Post a Comment